84 logo registered
logo registered
May 03, 2022 · A registered logo trademark lets you stop or halt the import of foreign goods with a similar logo that may infringe upon your trademark. Foreign Registration Once your logo … 0
Jul 10, 2019 · Logo registration is a procedure where an image receives the status of a registered trademark. Actually, the essence of registration is the process of documenting a trademark, i.e. securing a graphic image as the intellectual property of this or that organization. Logo registration is not just a request which is sure to be answered positively. 1
Find Registered logo stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every … 2
Jun 05, 2015 · Registered Trademark symbol (®) (or registered sign) is an often used symbol in computers. This symbol indicated that the associated name or logo has been duly registered with the authorities and any attempt to misuse the name or logo … 3
Registered Trademark icon vector illustration 582143 Vector Art at Vecteezy 4
Registered Symbol Icon Flat Vector Illustration Design Stock Illustration - Download Image Now 5
Registered Trademark for Your Business | Landon Technologies, Inc. 6
Registered Trademark icon 643178 Vector Art at Vecteezy 7
Royalty Free Registered Clip Art, Vector Images & Illustrations - iStock 8
Registered trademark symbol Computer Icons, Registered trademark transparent background PNG 9
Registered Trademark icon Royalty Free Vector Image 10
Registered Trademark Sign Registered Trademark Symbol Isolated Black Vector Illustration Eps10 11
Registered Trademark Symbol, PNG, 980x980px, Registered Trademark Symbol, Area, Black And White 12
Basemenstamper: Registered Trademark Logo Png 13
Registered Trademark Symbol Sticker 14
Registered Svg Png Icon Free Download (#3003) - OnlineWebFonts.COM 15
Registered Trademark Symbol Vector - ClipArt Best 16
Registered Logos 17
Black Registered Trademark Icon Isolated On Transparent Background Vector Illustration Stock 18
Registered Trademark Symbol Illustrations, Royalty-Free Vector Graphics & Clip Art - iStock 19
Registered Trademark Blue Svg Clip Arts - Red Registered Trademark Symbol, HD Png Download - vhv 20
Registered Trademark Black Clip Art at Clker.com - vector clip art online, royalty free & public 21
Ask an Ambassador: Using the Registered Trademark in Your Posts 22
Commons Emblem Registered Trademark Black - Registered Trademark Symbol Transparent - 768x768 23
Registered Trademark Symbol Vector - ClipArt Best 24
Download High Quality trademark logo registered Transparent PNG Images - Art Prim clip arts 2019 25
Registered trademark symbol — University of Leicester 26
How To Trademark Your Logo Design 27
How To Type Registered Trademark Symbol In Excel 28
Transparent Background R Trademark Logo 29
Registered Trademark Symbol Logo Copyright PNG, Clipart, Area, Black, Black And White, Brand 30
Registered trademark symbol Copyright, copyright free png | PNGFuel 31
Registered Trademark Symbol Illustrations, Royalty-Free Vector Graphics & Clip Art - iStock 32
REGISTERED LOGO - 32px Image #6 33
Registered Company Icon Design Template Vector Isolated, Trademark, Registered, Icon PNG and 34
he Forks today we're going to be talking, about trademarking and specifically, trademark symbols it sounds like it's, going to be a bit boring well you could, be right there but this is important you, should know about trademarking when it, comes to your brand and your logo so, let's make a star and let me take you, through each of the three main symbols, so the first is the TM symbol sometimes, known as the common law mark the TM, symbol is used to make people aware that, you are claiming rights on your, trademark unlike a registered trademark, which we'll discuss later on in this, video a common law trademark can be, harder to protect and that's because, there's no public record of when the, trademark was first used next up is the, SM symbol now this isn't as commonly, used as the TM symbol but it stands for, service mark so if your brand offers, services such as banking or legal or, even design services you should be using, the SM mark the TM symbol is much more, widely recognized though and so I would, suggest that you use the TM symbol over, and above the SM one next up is the R, symbol, unlike the previous two symbols the TM, and the SM the R represents an, officially registered trademark you may, only use the R symbol if you have, registered your brand or your logo with, an official trademark body if you go, ahead and use the R symbol with, unofficially trademarking then you could, run into claims of fraud where you, knowingly or willingly attempt to, deceive or mislead consumers or try to, prevent another brand from registering a, mark which is similar or the same as, your own if you have the budget to do so, I would always say go ahead and, officially register your trademark so, what about when it comes to actually, using the symbols on your logo worship, the goal well in the mean peep, we'll put the logo in the upper, right-hand corner next to the logo it, can also go in the lower right-hand, corner or it could go inline with your, logo or brand name there is no right or, wrong it can actually go anywhere around, your logo but you do want to have it in, a sort of an unobtrusive way if you know, for a fact that when you're having your, logo designed you will be officially, registering it, let your designer know because they'll, then be able to take that into account, when you're creating the logo design so, that the TM or the registered trademark, symbol will be more balanced in the, design okay so a quick recap you don't, have to be using the TM or SM symbols to, make common law rights claims to your, trademark when it comes to the, registered trademark symbol that little, R in a circle you must have an, officially registered trademark to use, it and lastly let your designer know if, registering that trademark is something, you intend to do because they'll then be, able to take that into account when, they're sketching conceptualizing and, create the final little design by, knowing in advance they'll be able to, incorporate that little symbol into your, logo to give an overall better balanced, and visual look to the final design it's, at this point I should stress that, trademark law is very complex, you should always seek the advice of a, trademark lawyer who can take you, through the process and make sure that, nothing is missed you don't want to go, ahead and register your trademark and, make a mistake so that someone, challenges it you end up losing so there, you have it that's a little bit more, information for you on trade marking, symbols not the most exciting of topics, I know but it is something that you, should know when it comes to branding I, hope you find this video useful if you, have make sure you give the video a, thumbs up please leave me a comment let, me know if you've actually been through, the trade marking process yourself if, you haven't already so, scrape to the channel and make sure you, click on that little bear icon to be, notified whenever I release a new video, and until I see you next time stay, creative folks, [Music], [Applause], [Music]
The Beatles' Apple Corps Logo is now a Registered TM of Apple,Yahoo Removes Registered Trademark (R) From Logo,Ask HN: I registered a domain that has a Twitter account assigned to itI just registered a nice domain name for a new project. Let's call it xyz.com. The domain was free, but has been in use before.
I noticed the twitter handle @xyz is registered, has a text and a logo of the project that previously was on the domain. It has not twittered anything though. It has a link to xyz.com in its description and it is assigned to mail@xyz.com
What would you guys do? Just reset the twitter password and use it? Try to contact Twitter? Try to contact the previous owner? So far, I was not able to find any contact info..
,Ask HN: How to get this fraudulent copy of our website shut down?I run AutoTempest.com, a car listings search engine. A few weeks ago, someone registered autoStempest.com, with an extra 's'. They copied our logo and branding, as well as faking other information, such as their team and location. (For example, their "CEO" is actually the CEO of Edmunds.) They've taken other steps to appear legitimate, such as creating a fake Yelp profile and reviews.
From what we've heard from our users, they're creating fake craigslist listings, and when people contact them, they're directing them to links on their site, claiming to be "Auto Tempest". Then they solicit payments (presumably reservations or down payments, if not complete sight-unseen purchases), while using our name recognition to gain trust.
We've determined that their registrar is Namecheap (as is ours, coincidentally), and they are hosted by a company called Quasinetworks, NL. Interestingly, if you google that company, the first result is someone complaining about how they were unresponsive to abuse notifications; not a great sign. We did sent a message to their abuse contact, but haven't heard back. We also contacted Namecheap and did get a reply, but it appears they will only take down a domain with a) a court order, b) potentially a request from law enforcement, or c) a UDRP proceeding: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/help/dndr/udrp-en
The problem with options c or especially a is that they're costly, and nothing would stop whoever is behind the site from simply registering a new confusingly similar domain. So, to start with we've submitted a report to ic3.gov, the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center. Hopefully if they confirm the site is fraudulent, they can request that Namecheap yank the domain. I've never submitted such a complaint before though, so I have no idea how responsive they are.
Is there anything else we could do to shut these scammers down?.
,Ask HN: Help Is it worth rebranding (trademark infringement)?I'm one of the Cofounders of a startup called Super Owl and we are busy working on an iPhone app which delivers spoken word content weekly to subscribers. We have recently been featured as part of a Next Web article about 'How Startups Choose their names' - http://thenextweb.com/insider/2011/12/03/9-startups-explain-how-they-chose-their-names/
This was a nice bit of early press for us and we were surprised but delighted to be approached. However, very soon after this article went out we received a letter from a company stating that we have 'breached their trademarks'. This company is another startup, yet to launch their app publicly, however they claim that they are an established business - see their first letter to us here - https://skitch.com/aishay/guy25/letter1
I e-mailed the following reply:
--------------------------
'Hi ,
I haven't heard of * before - just looked at your website and it looks like a great service.
I'm slightly confused about the letter attached as you state that Super Owl breaches your trademarks - have you registered a trademark for the name 'owl', '' or 'super owl'? Obviously, if it's the latter I can appreciate your concern.
First of all to clarify Super Owl is not a streaming service for audiobooks so it's quite different from what you're doing (we are aggregating spoken word audio podcasts for download). As yet, we also are not related to anything in the book space and our future plans don't include audiobooks.
Owls and audio are what we appear to have in common and I hope we can agree to differentiate ourselves in the market through product, logo, marketing, service etc. A quick search in the iTunes store reveals several apps with the word 'owl' included and I haven't seen this as a major setback or concern.
I hope this puts your mind at ease, however do feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss anything further. You can get in touch by e-mail or give me a call directly on *.
Best of luck on your launch.
Regards,
Aisha Yusaf'
--------------------------
I have now received the following letter as a reply to my e-mail - https://skitch.com/aishay/guy2a/letter2
So, here's my dilemma, do we change our name?... I don't feel like we are infringing any trademarks even though we do share the word 'owl' in both our business names. As we haven't even got a product out as yet we don't want to waste our time or money on legal fees or petty issues but rather concentrate on building, selling and promoting what we make.
The business that has been pursuing us on the trademark issue also doesn't have a product out (even though they speak as though they have) and although we can rebrand what we're doing, as it's not going to make or break our app, I am concerned that by doing so we are being bullied or coerced into doing something which is not even necessary.
At this stage no one really cares about our product and if we're lucky some people might care once its available to use and buy, so we don't have time or energy to spend on the wrong things (such as this).
Any advice, help or suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thanks :).
,Ask HN: My abandoned domain (and content) being used for blackhat SEOWe shut down a startup about 5 years ago, and a couple years later we abandoned the domain. Recently we noticed someone registered the same domain, copied much of the content (with our brand, logo, company address, copy from many of our pages, etc), and added some spam links to presumably "juice" their SEO.
Is there anything that can be done about this? Is there anything we should have done before abandoning a domain?
If you're curious, it's voo.st.
,Ask HN: Am I on the right track?I have reached a point in my project where my product is functional, and am starting to focus on the UI to make it usable.
I've taken it slow the past couple months, as my wife was pregnant. I haven't registered a corporation or anything. My daughter was born last week, and now I'm looking at what the next steps should be after I get through the newborn induced sleep deprivation stage.
I don't have a co-founder, not even sure how I'd look for one or if I really need one. I now have a wife and 2 kids and like many Americans am upside down in a house, so quitting the good paying day job isn't an option.
The product is www.unscatter.com. The monetization plan is to get in on Bing's advertising platform once I have enough traffic and corporation registered, and also to start selling features on top of the hosted search solution. For example, domain hosting so the search page could be at search.yourdomain.com. Other ideas would be a monthly fee for letting users upload a logo, or to remove advertising.
It seems like my plan should be polish the UI, register the business the identity, then start trying to get users while working on creating the features to sell.
I'm avoiding looking for investors because while I'm convinced my plan which includes future search indexing and complete support for enterprise class customers is an obvious no way to fail scenario, I should probably at least prove I can get customers first. I'm avoiding looking for a cofounder because I know even less about finding one of those, and what I should look for in one. I think this post is just looking for others to validate I'm on the right track, and the nagging doubts on if I should start focusing on investors or co-founders can continue to be ignored..
,GoneDaddyCertified.com - next logic step in the GoDaddy/SOPA twistok, so I followed online help-page on how to transfer my domains out of GoDaddy(r) to a registrar of my choice, now next logic step is that I would like to show off to everyone that I support anti-sopa move and dislike recent loose cannon aka GoDaddy move with being with/against sopa.
Can someone please develop a simple website, lets call it gonedaddycertified.com where I could do the following:
1) enter my domain name(s)
2) hit submit and service will check where my domain are currently hosted/registered
3) if none of my domains is registered with GoDaddy, then a unique ID is generated with banner 'GoneDaddy Certified'. Then everyone can navigate to my unique link, like: cert1402.gonedaddycertified.com where is the list of my domains with green check-mark 'GoneDaddy Certified: domains NOT hosted by GoDaddy.'
I would love to put a banner like that on my websites. Here is a simple draft how the logo/banner could look like: http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9681/gonedaddy.gif
Thanks!.
,Ask HN: A large community owner is trying to strong-arm us. What should I do?I am the founder of StartGlobal https://startglobal.co/ where we help anyone incorporate a business in the US, get EIN, bank account, phone number, and address. Recently we’ve been experiencing delays from IRS to get the EIN. IRS was shut down and they are slowly getting back to speed.
Even though it was not our mistake, I think it was our responsibility. At first, I tried to design some beautiful logos for the client to keep them happy. By this time we already finished the incorporation process at the state and registered agent.
When the EIN delay was going beyond expectations, I agreed to do a full refund without taking any cut (after issuing a full refund, we were at a loss because we already paid for registered agent, filings, state fee, even out of pocket logo design). I then sent the following email taking the blame and issuing a full refund.
I've issued a full refund, you should have an email with details. You may keep the fully incorporated company, registered agent service paid for 1 year, and the EIN application set to IRS and the logo we did. I am really sorry you had to go through this experience, and greatly appreciate your patience until now. I truly understand your situation and I'd be no different. But please be aware that this was not the experience I hoped for, and I hope you forgive me for wasting your time.
Now after the refund, the client asked us for some edits in the logo and also to work again on the EIN followup with IRS and see if we can get it, and we did it on a good faith that client might pay after we get it. After many followups with the IRS, we were able to finally get the EIN and when I asked the client if they’d like to continue the process and pay us, he is saying he’d like the EIN for free because I “promised” to get him everything for free. He is a founder member of a large startup community and being an early-stage company I am afraid if this will affect our reputation if we don't do this. What should we do?.
,Ask HN: What's in a name? Serious or fun?My startup is working on a name for a new product we're launching. We've got two 'working titles' so far. We haven't registered the domains yet, so here are the descriptions:
A) This one is fun, in a sort of edgy way, and lends itself well for a metaphor for the product (which might help cut down on explanation complexity). It's seven characters, two syllables, easy to remember, interesting, and describes what we do well. It verbs well. However, we are concerned about its negative connotations: specifically, one of the words describes a felony (think along the lines of MacHeist).
B) I find this one slightly more boring, but it's fairly descriptive and is more focused on the community/userbase does with our product than on what the product actually is. A ten character, three-word three-syllable sentence. One of those del.icio.us -like names, but we can get the .com name too. Doesn't verb, not quite as interesting/edgy, but certainly won't scare anyone off. Feels good, in a sunshine-and-puppies sort of way.
I can't tell you much about our target market, primarily because we haven't launched yet and don't have any users :-)
So--would a name like MacHeist scare you off or intrigue you? Or would you prefer a name that's more friendly/neighborly?
Also: know any good (cheap) logo artists?.
,Bookwell.com.au is registering businesses without their consentI'm pretty sure this is not ethical. It may even be borderline legal if legal at all.
My girlfriend has a salon and a personal booking system. Her name is a trademark registered in Australia.
Here we were looking at google searching for her business when we see a page with her name in the first page of a Google result. On the page I can see her logo, and a list of services (with links that go to nowhere) with the banner at the bottom "this business accepts phone bookings only". The banner contains a link to her personal phone number.
This is outrageous. We immediately sent a takedown notice by email.
The website is bookwell.com.au. I've made a research and they're doing this for a lot of business in Sydney. Most, if not all business, have no idea that they were registered on the website. I've asked a few customers of a business and they said they're trying to book with the business but they can't cause they find it through Google. Of course, they can't, because of the fact they have been registered without their permission.
Using the tactic of registering the business without their permission, crawling for the business number, adding services that the business does not provide, along with a significant investment in SEO, the website bookwell.com.au is deceiving customers of several businesses in a desperate attempt to acquire relevance.
This is YCombinator. What about the Startups or side-projects that you own or work with. Do you apply this tactic too?.
,How much this virus scaning web project can cost?Hello. My project have got unique design and text, logo and firmstyle (visitcards, proposal submissions design, presentations for customers and investors), own analytics system of scaning, contacts, services and promo pages.
Main idea is in virus scaning, if site is dangerous for users, after scaning system will offer removing services. If site is not dangerous, system will offer secure services for more higher protection. Peoples can tell about their safety resource in social networks or with banners, which they can install on their website.
All dangerous sites goes to database, if peoples are not making an order, you can sell proposal submission to them, if you want.
The projects works in two languages (english and russian, I was translate it in english few days ago). Project was started in Russia and gave interest to peoples, customers and investors, but not give big money for me. I think about selling all to someone with domain, site, code, phone and may be with registered russian company for this project.
I have got a lot of ideas, but not have some time for this project, so, I want to sell it. For example: spider, which walks in internet, scan all of it and collect infected, then send to all info about virus activity, offer services. Or mobile applications for scaning, browser plugins, which scan opened website before page loading.
So, this project can be very interesting for IT professionals or enterpreneurs. I will be happy to sell it to good arms. But I don't know how much it can cost. Can you give some advices to me about it? And where I can sell it?
http://en.webvir.ru
Thank you for you interest..
,Ask HN: Anyone want to buy subsonicsoftware.com? $1000 off for HN'ersHi,
I've decided to sell the domain I would have used if I had pursued contracting the development of mobile apps. I don't believe I'll do this so I want to sell the domain.
It's registered for 10 years on Gandi with free SSL. & I have a nice logo that I'll throw in with it if you like.
I'm selling it on Namebox.io, you can search for it there, I have it listed for $5000, but I'll give HN readers $1000 off if you mention you came from this post.
The discount is a limited time offer- say a month or so, so act now!
Thanks
-c.
,Founder Interview: Aron Meystedt, the first .com,MixPanel (YC S09); my mini reviewAfter spotting the mixpanel logo at the bottom of HN I decided to give it
a spin on a reasonably serious site to see what it can do. I've got some
issues with GA that I can't seem to resolve so I figured maybe MixPanel
can replace them.
First impression is that it looks really neat and simple, but on my browser
(ff 3.01) the form fields all somehow manage to hang outside the containing
blocks.
The sign up process is very quick, but there is no email verification, which is
a bit of a pain because it could mean that people use a fake address leading
to emails dumped on unsuspecting bystanders.
After signing up you get a secret token and a skeleton piece of javascript
that you can flesh out to track variables that are important. This is mostly
a manual operation, you insert the relevant bits in strategic spots on your
site, 'instrumenting' it so MixPanel can keep track of what is happening.
The upside of this approach is that you, not they decide exactly what gets
tracked and what it is called.
Right after signing up you are offered to get some 'datapoints' if you get
someone else to sign up, that seems a bit premature, I haven't a clue what
datapoints are.
Other than the initial signup form error the design of the site is very clean
and functional, the documentation is easy to read and stuff can be found
more or less where you expect it.
The 'secret' token that gets generated for your site is not that secret
however, since it is plainly visible in every page that has the javascript
embedded in it. Maybe it should be named 'site specific' token ?
Meanwhile the tag is in place on my site now, and registering visitors
according to the live stats, time to read up on the data points.
Datapoints are mixpanels way of making a business out of this, essentially
they charge you 'per event' on your website. The whole thing revolves around
the 'funnel' concept that anybody in internet marketing is familiar with.
Garbage in at the top, and 'espresso' out at the bottom, mixpanel allows you
to track exactly what the loss percentages are at every stage of the process.
Datapoints cost money, and I think they are way overpriced.
The current pricing scheme is:
0...10,000 points: Free
10,000...100,000: $25
100,000...500,000: $100
500,000...2,000,000: $200
2,000,000...10,000,000: $700
Let me explain why I think they are overpriced: at 100,000 points for
$25 (the first 'plan' they have) for any small ad driven website that
has an ECPM < $0.25 they are costing you as much (or more!) for your tracker
as what you were making on your visitors.
And on a for-pay site that makes $20 / month per user, with a COA of $5 and
a 1:2000 conversion rate on a 1:50 new traffic vs old traffic ratio (all of
those numbers are pretty 'normal') you would again be making a net loss.
One of the sites I run that I could have tried mixpanel on gets 3,000,000
pageviews monthly, the ECPM is around $0.11, so it makes $300 /month.
It's a no-brainer because it costs less than $5 to host on a flatrate 100Mbit
leaseweb box. Using MixPanel with that site is out of the question though.
So, you'd have to be buying a very large volume of points in one go to make
it worth your while, but that means a fairly big up-front cost. $700 in
one go is essentially several months hosting cost for many sites. The
price difference between 'volume buys' and smaller buys here is
$c0.007 / hit on the largest plan, versus $c0.025 per hit on the smaller
ones. That's a 350% or so difference. For a virtual product that is
not reflecting the difference in cost to the provider, which essentially
is only the extra cost incurred by the transactions to process the
payments.
MixPanel currently uses Amazon as their payment processor, which
is a pretty good indication you don't need to worry about where your
credit card details will end up.
The real time statistics are neat, but they will also be very expensive for
MixPanel to maintain long term, and they don't seem to add much actual
value, it's more of a gimmick. A functional real-time stats tracker that is
cheap to operate is very hard to design, which is one of the reasons all the
free tracking tools are using batched updates.
Google Analytics also allows funnel analysis using the 'goal conversions', only
they do it for free and a whole lot more besides.
Meanwhile, I've set up a secondary instrumented set of pages, but for some
reason the data never showed up in the reports. I double checked the code
and the javascript error console, no idea what is going wrong there. The
'feedback forum' seems to be mostly enhancement oriented, not set up
to track problems. It is also externally hosted, which means that you leave
the site, it would be better to have a simple ticketing system (a la trac)
inside the MixPanel environment, where there is a lot more context available.
Incidentally, uservoice, the site that hosts the forum is listed as a customer
of mixpanel, but they also use analytics and quantcast.
MixPanel will probably work well if you have well defined landing pages and
are a straightforward e-commerce, but at the current pricing levels it is too
expensive for high volume low conversion websites, especially for continuous
deployment. And that's a pity because it is especially those sites that would
benefit most from a tool like this.
You could use it for targeted a/b testing though, but setting up a test
seems to be quite labour intensive and error prone.
MixPanel provides you with csv exports of the reports so you can import the
data in to your favourite spreadsheet.
On the whole I think that the concept of an analytics site that concentrates
on the funnel aspect of operating a web service has promise, but I would
like it to be significantly cheaper and easier to set up. As it is it really can't replace GA for all the other features it offers.
edit: in response to an email, COA = cost of acquisition.
,Teaching Computer Science to KidsI face a dilemma that I have a gut feeling about, and I'd like some of your opinions to keep my ego in check.
I have an opportunity to teach computer science to a number of children at our local homeschool co-op. The age range is 9-12, and the class is voluntary, so the students are a self-selected group.
The trend in teaching seems to be focused on making computer science more engaging and fun. Usually there is some sort of point-and-click interface to let students easily create multimedia presentations and movies without having to type a single line of code. See www.alice.org, or MIT's Scratch.
My gut tells me that although this method would be extremely popular and engaging, it's mostly a waste of time for those who really want to learn the science, and that those students who don't care to begin with probably won't progress much further after you take the fun tool away. It really feels to me like a dumbing-down.
At the opposite end of the spectrum is my idea, which is to develop an extremely simple virtual computer environment where you can see all parts of the computer in a GUI. You can drill down into individual bytes in RAM and set them (and immediate see the result in the case of video memory), you can see the CPU registers change as you step through code, etc. The machine has 64k of RAM and a very simple CPU instruction set.
I'd like to teach using a bottom-up approach in parallel with a history of computing, so the students learn things in essentially the same order as they were discovered. They'll see initially how difficult it is to write machine code, but they'll see for themselves how a simple program calls functions and jumps around in memory, and gain an understanding of binary numbers and arithmetic. They would then progress to simple interpreted and compiled languages.
This is pretty much the way I learned at that age, without much help.
The middle road would be to start with some interpreted language like BASIC or LOGO and teach from there. I think this has the same weaknesses as the newer approaches without any of the strengths.
So am I crazy to want to teach machine language (albeit a simple one) to 10 year olds?.
,Large Scale Machine Learning Workshop with CMU, Twitter, Netflix, PandoraFull disclosure --this is my event. 20% discount code for hackernews: news.yc
Join us on Monday, July 9th in San Francisco for a full-day workshop on Big Learning. Featuring CMU's Graphlab and including presentations from Twitter, Pandora, Netflix, Berkeley, GA Tech, Y!, IBM Watson, Intel Labs, MapR, and many more.
The MLconf workshop on large scale machine learning is a meeting place for both academia and industry to discuss upcoming challenges of large scale machine learning and solution methods. GraphLab is Carnegie Mellons large scale machine learning framework. The workshop will include demos and tutorials showcasing the next generation of the GraphLab framework, as well as lectures and demos from the top technology companies about their applied large scale machine learning solutions.
The workshop will be held on Monday, July 9th in San Francisco. Register today to enjoy early bird registration fee!
Talks
GraphLab Version 2 Overview- Carlos Guestrin, Carnegie Mellon University
Large scale ML challenges - Theodore Willke, Intel Labs
TBD Alexander Smola, Yahoo! Labs
Bloom: Disorderly Programming for Distributed Systems Joseph Hellerstein, UC Berkeley
Large scale ML learning at MapR Ted Dunning, MapR Technologies
Large scale ML at Pandora Tao Ye, Pandora Internet Radio
TBD Xavier Amatriain Netflix
Cassovary Graph Processing System Pankaj Gupta, Twitter
TBD Amol Gothig, IBM Watson
Machine learning in One Kings Lane Mohit Singh, One Kings Lane
More talks from our program committee/ external contributors to follow!
Posters/Demos
Green Marl graph processing framework Dr. Sungpack Hong, Oracle Labs
Machine learning benchmark framework Nicholas Kolegraff, Accenture
TBD Prof. Alexander Gray, Georgia Tech
Alpine and MADLib Demo Steven Hilion, Alpine Data Labs
Disk-based Massive Graph Computation Aapo Kyrola, CMU
Platinum Sponsor: Intel
Gold Sponsors: MapR, Cloudera
Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other logos are trademarks of the companies who own them, respectivley.
For more Machine Learning events see mlconf.com and follow @mlconf on twitter.
,Hacking Amazon Algo in LatamNo code or images, just good ol' text.
There are 4 steps to hacking Amazon's algorithm and I'll summarize them here.
Step 1: finding products that can lead their categories.
There are two tools to do this, either JungleScout or Helium10, I personally like H10 better (both are paid for).
Look up a particular subcategory (e.g. bed sheets) and download the Excel containing the sellers and the sales amounts for the last 30 days.
The key to identifying good products and categories is: price point above US $20, last 30 days revenue for top 3 players above US $10,000, local rather than global players, big sales difference between top players and bottom players
When you identify products that have a good ticket size and few, local competitors, add up what the sum of all product sales is worth and you get your total addressable market. Quantify the % for the player #3 (best case), #10 (base case) and #25 (worst case). Do this exercise for 25 products and select the 3 you deem best.
Step 2: sourcing.
Easiest way to source is from Alibaba, otherwise try to find local suppliers (can be trickier). Always ask for samples!
Make sure you have a brand name and register it with the local authorities. For some products you'll need a certificate. This takes time.
Create a logo. Send that logo to the suppliers.
Send production order for the amount of units the base case says you could sell. Bring 20% of units by plane, 80% by sea. Make sure you comply with the accounting and import laws (you'll need an agente aduanal to help and make the payment for you)
In the production meantime prepare the images and set up marketplace accounts (Amazon + MELI).
Look up keywords to use on JungleScout.
Have everything set up.
Receive the goods in a warehouse until you get access to FBA.
Step 3: Sell (the hack!)
Assign a 50% ACOS at first to get high inorganic ranking, costly but worth it
Ask friends & family to buy your product and rate it with 5 stars (not all reviews are shown by Amazon).. you can use coupon codes for this
Price high initially and set a 25% discount for the first 20 units
First weeks will be painful, but after the first 10 reviews on your product you will begin to see some traction, make sure 100% of deliveries are on time
Check your ranking vs competitors and measure your organic ranking (non-paid Ads)
The point of this game is to spend excessive money on Advertising so you rank higher inorganically to then rank higher organically.
Once you rank on page one organically you can lower ACOS to 40%, and once you are among top 20 to 30% and then to 20%, until you reach 15%, that's what you should have once you stabilize.
Step 4: Next order
When you in fact see your sales adding up you need to order another batch. Be aggressive. Order enough inventory to be #3 in your category the next 6 months. Running out of stock screws your ranking.
The more you order the lower your COGS
Track your organic ranking everytime
Step 5: Win profitably
After a few months of doing this your P&L should be EBITDA positive. 15% Ad spend, 30-40% COGS, 25% FBA + Amazon fee, 20-30% profit.
That's how you hack it. By being more aggressive in Ad spend with a mid-term strategy than competitors.
The initial setup takes a lot of time, but this is a super scalable model. In 6 months I burnt $250k without income. By month 9 I had $420,000 in revenue with profit. It works!.
Reddit Images 64
New Vega Logo Registered By AMD 0
New Lucasfilm Animation Logo registered - Yakface 1
Bitcoin Name and Logo Registered With Spanish Patent and Trademark Office 2
No logo (registered trade mark) 3
Want To Get Your Logo Registered? Here's 5 Simple Steps To Do So 4
Want To Get Your Logo Registered? Here's 5 Simple Steps To Do So 5
All New Variations of Mexico Logos (Registered so far) 6
44% of new logos registered as trademarks for a marijuana-related business featured a cannabis leaf. Not exactly an innovative choice for businesses in a marketplace with a differentiation problem. 7
Brand Bucket: Design a shoddy logo, register the URL, Upcharge! Cybersquatting 2.0 8
Brand Bucket: Design a shoddy logo, register the URL, Upcharge! Cybersquatting 2.0 9
,
Comments
Post a Comment