50 logo on etsy
logo on etsy
There are many different types of logos sold by sellers on Etsy. Some of the popular logos available on Etsy include: logos design, logos design custom, logos design custom business, logo, logo design custom for business, and even logos … 0
There are many different types of logo sold by sellers on Etsy. Some of the popular logo available on Etsy include: logo design, logo … 1
etsy-logo-1 - PNG - Download de Logotipos 2
Etsy Logo | Significado, História e PNG 3
Portable Network Graphics Computer Icons Clip art Transparency - etsy icon png download - 1600* 4
Free Etsy Icon, Download Free Etsy Icon png images, Free ClipArts on Clipart Library 5
Etsy Logo Inventory management software E-commerce Sales - Etsy png download - 2000*2000 - Free 6
Color-Etsy-Logo – REDDINUP.COM 7
My Favorite Etsy Shops 8
Etsy Logo - LogoDix 9
Etsy Logo Transparent Png - Circle Transparent PNG - 479x480 - Free Download on NicePNG 10
Etsy Logo Image - Etsy, HD Png Download - 576x576(#980981) - PngFind 11
Etsy Logo PNG & Download Transparent Etsy Logo PNG Images for Free - NicePNG 12
Etsy Logo Transparent Png - Circle Transparent PNG - 479x480 - Free Download on NicePNG 13
New to Etsy, What First? - Ladybug Wreaths by Nancy Alexander 14
Etsy Logo Png, Transparent Png - kindpng 15
Etsy Logo - LogoDix 16
Etsy API | Cloud Elements | API Integration | iPaaS 17
Etsy Icon - Etsy, HD Png Download - 800x800(#342295) - PngFind 18
Etsy Logo Mark Redesign 19
Computer Icons Social media Etsy Clip art - Etsy Icon png download - 720*720 - Free Transparent 20
New Logo for my Etsy shop. | Shopping outfit, Unique outfits, Online branding 21
How To Close An Etsy Account When Someone Dies | Everplans 22
Etsy App Logo - LogoDix 23
Etsy Logo 24
Etsy Logo - LogoDix 25
Etsy Logo Brooklyn Sales, design transparent background PNG clipart | HiClipart 26
etsy-logo – Trish Burr Embroidery 27
Etsy Bans Sales of Redskins Products | Ashburn, VA Patch 28
Etsy, internet, mobile, network, online, social, web icon 29
Etsy Logo Design Custom Logo Design Logo Design Brand | Etsy 30
What Cheer Providence | What Cheer Records + Vintage 31
Etsy Integration 32
Etsy Integration 33
Logo design | Etsy | Logos design, Design, Printing methods 34
hi everyone welcome back to my channel, so today I'm gonna be showing you a, really really quick and easy free, tutorial as to how to make a in logo for, your Etsy shop so I literally do is I go, to the fabulous place known as canva can, very something that I use for I'm gonna, be honest everything everything when it, comes to graphic design and, what-have-you I use canva so go to, canva.com that canv a calm and I type in, logo straightaway you have a lot of, really really cool minimalistic logo, example so what I'm gonna do is I'm, gonna make a logo for let's just say I, mean let's just go for a eco friendly, beauty brand let's let's just do that so, I've clicked on this one it's very, simple it's very easy you know obviously, you need to know who your target market, is you need to know what your brand, colors what your branding is and like, that if you download my 30 days to a, kick-butt Etsy shop that is in the, description box below I will walk you, through this and it's free as well so, it's amazing so basically you can change, the fonts you can add elements you can, do lots and lots and lots of different, things worth and it will explore why you, are here so what I'm gonna do is I'm, gonna go I'm gonna start to type in some, keywords in the elements box here now a, lot of graphics arts word they are on, the pro version so you will have to pay, for them I've managed to come this far, bit as you know being in business for, six plus years without going pro so it's, definitely possible so what I would do, is start to kind of tight in different, things when it comes to your items that, you sell all the logo that you want to, create so I can see this is definitely a, lot better than that and I can reduce it, I can flip it I can do all of these, different things I can obviously change, the text that's what I was looking for, and things like that so it's really, really easy I won't go too far into it, into this video because it is basically, just a case of you just kind of you know, looking at your branding looking at your, target market and what have you the two, tabs I think you'll be using the most is, probably photos and elements now you can, upload your own logo or images and what, have you so that's definitely worth it, a few things to think about though is, that you need your logo to look good on, dark backgrounds and light backgrounds, so that's why I would always say do do a, logo that's quite plain if you're not, sure so I'm just going to do this one, black and also what what you kind of, want to do is you want to make sure that, you make white versions and black, version so white colored text and images, and what-have-you which you can do up, here change that to white I'll do that, now just to show you and you also want a, black colored version because depending, on your packaging you are we just turn, up two bucks you can see it there we go, you are wanting a logo that can be that, can do all basically and the best thing, to do with that is to keep it very very, simple and also the other good thing, about that you know about having just, like a simple little picture image, graphic whatever here and like a really, simple easy logo is that if you want to, make it shorter for a Facebook image or, something like that or let's say that, you make something you just want a, little bit of your logo in there you, could even just do something like this, and change it to that so you're not, actually redesigning your entire logo, you're just literally cropping it into, that and you know if I was to zoom in, and you wanted something really really, simple really really easy literally just, this bit here for like a very very small, area that you have to put your logo that, is definitely possible with an really, simple easy logo and all possible in, canva as well and when you're ready to, download it you just, download here I recommend doing it in, PNG and JPEG just to be on the safe side, and then basically you are done and you, can start to upload your logo to your, Etsy shop to whatever you know places, that you sell you can also if it's, really simple easy logo you can send it, to wherever you get your leaflets, printed business cards printed packaging, printed the whole the world is your, oyster when it comes to doing a really, really simple logo now you can also do, something a little bit more complicated, if you wanted to so if I go back and I, type in logo again you can do something, a lot more complicated and I'll do this, just to kind of show you so let's go on, to that and that is a that is definitely, more complicated logo and that you can, see that you can change all sorts so I, could do that white if I wanted to and, change that to white as well and then, straight off about I've just got this, little grand graphic here again let's, say you are making I don't know a ball a, board game that's something like that, can type in game you could you could, have a dice instead of this guy here you, could put that up there just for example, let's go to Tex and also it gives you, Texans and things here so let's just say, we want that one just for example you, can obviously delete section something, like that now I've just literally made, this in about two seconds but you can, kind of see how easy this is I mean even, if you don't want the red dice you can, change it to black and white instead of, there we go instead of red so you can, kind of see how easy this is to create, on count but I've literally just created, two layers in the space of about five, minutes so again definitely definitely, definitely know who your target market, is what your branding in is and what, branding will attract your target, customer but apart from that have fun, have unlit a little play around this may, take you a week it may take you two days, it may take you know, to however long it takes you to get it, right and it is definitely something, that I recommend playing around with and, getting right straight off the bat, so guys give this video a big thumbs up, if you enjoyed it subscribe if you're, not already for other Etsy videos and, tips and tricks for business and what, have you and I shall see you in the next, video guys bye
Ask HN: What do you think of dropshipping?Dropshippping [1] is hugely popular and has flooded online marketplaces. For example, Amazon and eBay are filled with dropshipped listings. Even Etsy ("handmade, craft, vintage") is swamped with dropshipped products.
Many product categories are now dominated by dropshipped products. We've all seen the same product photos listed under different "brands" by diffrent sellers with different prices - essentially the same product. Trudging through page after page of dropshipped products can be a chore.
I don't begrudge anyone running a dropshipping business, but at the same time it does feel that many dropshipping sellers do not really care for the quality of the product they sell. If there is any product differentiation it rarely goes beyond sticking a logo on the product.
Is the picture of dropshipping above a fair one?
What are you thoughts on dropshipping as a customer? What are your thoughts if you are a dropshipper?
[1] Shopify explanation of dropshipping: Dropshipping is an order fulfillment method where a store doesn’t keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, the seller purchases inventory as needed from a third party—usually a wholesaler or manufacturer—to fulfill orders..
,Ask HN: How to request permission for logo use from large companies?I make my living by selling developer tools. My tools are used by some household name companies, and I'd like to request permission to use their logos on my website. However the likes of Amazon and Netflix don't make it easy - on Netflix's brand assets site for example, in order to create an account they require you to have a contact at Netflix specified. What's the best way to go about this?.
,Ask HN: What are your experiences with contact-less payment?With the increase of contact-less payment in the UK, Im finding that increasingly often when paying by contact-less card that the person at the till takes the card out of my hand and places it on the contact-less reader for me. Surely this removes all security of contact-less payment?
In summary the process works as follows:
1. Youre issued with a contactless compatible card which features a logo similar to the Wi-Fi logo on the card: http://productreviewsuk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/barclayscard.jpg
2. The contactless compatible reader prompts you with a price, green light and if the purchase is less than 15 asks you to present your card for contact-less, else insert it as usual and use your PIN
3. You hold the card on the reader, wait for all the green lights to fill and then wait for an approved message
4. Leave with your shiny new item (or in my case lunch!)
Heres a YouTube video showing how it works if you havent had a chance to use contactless http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBQjxY-3_uU&feature=player_detailpage#t=34s
I know how to use these readers, I actually think its very clear and easy to use. Ill wait for the prompt, check the price and then present the card for payment. However, as mentioned in my introduction, the person at the checkout keeps on taking the card from my hand and placing it on the reader, meaning I dont have a chance to confirm the price, I could be paying up to 15 without my direct consent.
The problem however is that this is becoming the social norm, and when I've mentioned Id prefer not to handover my card to the cashier I've been made to feel like Im being deliberately awkward or taking control for the sake of it!
What do you think? Have you experienced the same thing? Is there anything that could be done to fix this? Should cashiers be given extra training and guidelines on specifically not doing this?.
,A Page From A DiaryI mean, what is a guy like me supposed to do right? I could stop smoking so as to be better off financially hence able to indulge in activities, but have I not been trying? Have I not been trying for the past 3 months or so and seriously trying for the past at least month?
What is a guy like me supposed to do? Very poor, very intelligent, minimal social contacts. What, what are my options? Follow my career path, yes of course, but am I to suffer for the next 3 years? Am I to go on still as I have for the past seven years?
You know I’ve pored my heart to that website. I have spent god knows how much time on it and finally I achieved near perfection and you know what happens? It has been shut down because I have been unable to afford my bill and instead focused on getting money to feed my habit rather than pay the fuckin bill. I nearly achieved perfection you know. I vertically aligned it which has given it a very clean and simple look and today finished my header with a little cute logo on it, it was just, it was just the stuff of passionate and determined hard work and what happens? It gets closed.
Now! Now that it has gone from only 2 people to 20. Now, now that I sorted out all the adverts! Now, now that i finally finished design aspects!
It is always drama with me isn’t it? It is always at the edge of failure, always at the edge of the unattainable, always at the edge. Such position does indeed at times give me such deep and utterly profound emotions never experienced before, but god knows what it does to my physical wellbeing.
I have been seeing convincing similiarities between dreams (as in sleep time dreams) and reality. One of the most startling but at the same time edglite is this conviction of the reality that is held with dreaming. In no way, at no point, most of the time while dreaming, do I doubt its reality. It is assumed, it is not a dream until I am awake. Sometimes I go to the edge and ask whether it is infact a dream. Very rearly do I succeed in such realisation; in fact I can not recall a time that I have.
I do recall being at the edge tho, at times thinking that it might be a dream, but not unlike in real life such thoughts are shaken off rather quickly. There is no seriousness in considering the question, it is from the moment that it is made intuitively untrue. That our intuitions might lie to us I have not thought of, but that they do I am unable to doubt. There are many instances when awoken I ask why did I not go ahead and do that, Why was I held back by other considerations, it was just a fucking dream.
It is not hard to imagine myself waking up in some bed in some house the moment I die. What I will remember I am unable to say, probably nothing. What i would expect though is familiarity not only with the environment surrounding me, but myself and my life which clearly right now I have no clue of what it is. Sometimes I see dreams which present characters or events which are familiar to me. They are familiar because I had dreamed of them before. It might be my mind playing while I am asleep, maybe it has run out of content, but I do not think that there is anything truer in life than this: Whatever I have wished for it has been granted to me. Even a character for heavens sake. Anything, any fucking thing I have wished for has come to materialise. So what am I to make of it? What else but that reality is a dream as real as reality itself. I have though decided not to use wishes. It feels as if I am selling my soul to setan because every wish that has come to pass has had more nightmares than dreams. I wish to feel, experience everything that life throws at me and indeed embrace the rality aspect of what might aswell be a dream. I feel weary of easy taking and giving for if each dream was ment to be like i wished it then it surley would have been so.
The last dream I saw was a rather fascinating one because I had arrived at an insight about something. I was dealing with a complex problem but the complexity lay in my perception of a given something rather than on that given something itself. I though, when I woke up, that I had been discussing a truth which was being revealed and explained to myself. The dream I think ended with my grasp of such truth, the last words probably were Ahha. So why do I bring this up? Because excitement and other emotions which are brought up in certain unique circumstances would vanish in a world in which what one wishes materialises. There would be no secrets to be revealed in such world, no struggles to be overcomed and no joy to be felt..
,Ask HN: A free toolkit to translate your website; what would you pay for?So we're working on a super easy and unobtrusive way to have your website/app translated.
We plan to provide the platform for free so you can have your community contribute translations.
What model would you prefer for us to monetize on top of that free service:
- Pay to have our logo removed ($)
- Pay for more features on the platform (like more languages)($)
- Pay for machine translations (integrated so not the Google Translate way) ($)
- Pay for human reviews of your community translations ($$)
- Pay for pro translations ($$$$)
Please help us out by giving your opinion!
Thanks a lot!!
Danny.
,Ask YC: Obtaining Public Record DataI'm in the midst of creating a prototype for a system that combines Real Estate Public Record data (think Zillow level data) with Criminal & Sex Offender Public Record Data (think criminalsearches.com).
Zillow has a pretty clean API, but requires you to brand every page with their logo and links if you use their data. CriminalSearches has no API.
Public record data is pretty easy to find on a State by State basis - but would involve writing a crawler to gather the data for each State (for Criminal) & County (Real Estate). Is anybody aware of an easier way to get this data? I've tried to find people that will license the data feeds, but most don't allow commercial use of the data once you've subscribed to this type of service.
Any advice or expertise in the YC Community in this area? Thanks..
,Why do people latch onto the superficial aspects of other startups?1. Startup names are becoming annoyingly standardized. You basically take a word that relates to your industry then ad –ly or instead turn it into a verb by adding –ify at the end. Yet these aspects are completely independent of the startup’s success. Instead why don’t people try and come up with a name that is short, easy to remember, intuitive to spell, and descriptive of what the company is about. That might actually affect your success as a startup.
2. FORGET VIRALITY! When I was a freshman in college I uploaded a video to youtube that received 20k views in a week and millions by the months end. I got calls from all the major “funny video” websites and ended up selling to collegehumor.com (~$400), which was a mistake since a week later I got a call from ABC who was interested and offered 3k. The point is the more viral you are the more prone you are to fizzle out faster. The whole ordeal lasted less than a few months. IMO “Virality” and virality coefficients are a waste of time if you want to actually build a business. Spend the time you would improving your viral score and build a better/more useful product.
3. Do you really need a mobile app? There are plenty of industries in which a mobile app would serve no purpose except wasting the time and resources of the developers.
4. A/B testing is a waste of time. Instead use that time building a better product! Craigslist/Google, for instance, has barely changed any of their layout/design. Good developers spend time improving their core product and doing things that are important/matter, not testing the effectiveness of different font colors.
a. Does design/brand image (logo) even have any effect on success?
Cliffs: If you are going to copy another company at least copy the parts that attributed to their success.
//rant.
,How I launched flickrup.com in less than two weeksPlease Note: the point of this post is not to pitch my site, but rather to provide some of the lessons learned and hopefully spark some interesting discussion.
Flickrup allows people to submit flickr photos and vote on them.
The idea with Flickrup! was to launch a working, stable site as fast as possible. The idea I had when I started working on the site was to be as minimalist as possible in regards to design, code complexity (frontend and backend), db schema design and user authentication to name a few. I also wanted it to be ridiculously easy to submit and vote on photos. So here are some of the things I did.
frontend design:
I used a css framework (blueprint) to assist in creating a grid based layout and also utilized all the predefined styles for elements. Instead of creating my own css classes and ending up with a cluttered mess, I forced my self to use the classes defined in blueprint as often as possible.
I didn't waste time making a logo. The logo is simply a text link to the frontpage.
I didn't clutter the frontpage with flashy css based buttons and login/signup links everywhere. Instead, when someone hovers over a vote link, a css popup comes up which allows them to vote anonymously or using the flickr account.
I didn't waste time setting up a blog for the site.
backend design:
No brainer: I used a well known php framework (codeigniter) and forced myself to use as many classes and helpers they had to offer including: (pagination, session control, url helper, captcha, date helper)
I had a problem that needed some solvin' and I was greatly tempted to roll my own solution, but I searched until I found an already existing one.
Database:
I have four tables. That's it. Photos, sessions, users and votes.
Authentication:
There isn't an ugly login/signup link to be found on the frontpage and it doesn't need one. Logging in is inconspicuously placed in the flow of voting and submitting.
You don't have to sign up to use the service. You can vote and submit anonymously. It's true that you can vote for a photo as many times as you want as an anonymous user, but so what? If someone wants to spend their precious time painstakingly figuring out the captcha a dozen times to fluf their votes, who cares?.
,Ask HN: Swag on a budget?Can anyone suggest good sources of branded swag (giveaway stuff) for a startup on a budget, for someone ordering less than a hundred?
Ideally this would bee geek targeted swag, and easy to ship across the Canada/US border.
Or even better... is there such a thing as swag on demand? I upload my logo design, and place drop-ship orders one at a time to send to people?.
,I made a “programming language” based on Cobol syntaxFirst of all, I'm sorry. I'm deeply sorry.
A few months ago, talking with some friends, we had the idea of developing a programming language just for the sake of it. We talked a little about it, design by committee got out of control and, a few days later, we abandoned the project completely without having written a single line of code.
I, though, have wanted to make a programming language my whole life and thus I kept trying to push the project forward by myself. I created a syntax loosely based on that of COBOL, made the worst compiler possible, wrote a somewhat slow "virtual machine" and released LDPL (ldpl.lartu.net) as a joke. Even the name is a pun on older, business oriented languages with BIG-CAPITAL-LETTER-NAMES. Again, like COBOL.
Fast forward a little and the joke got out of control.
I kept working on the language on my free time - pushing the not-very-ortodox but easy to code compiler forward - and the language got pretty usable. I mean, it's not a language you'd like to work with. It can't do everything. It's quite slow. It doesn't have any scoping nor functions (it does have sub-procedures, though) nor lambdas nor objects nor fancy data structures. Think of it more of an esolang than a serious language.
But what it lacks in efficiency and features, it makes up by having a cute dinosaur logo (poorly drawn as a joke on other mascots like the GCC gnu), unicode support, a full standard, comprehensive documentation, fancy examples and a half-written tutorial to be finished in the next days. It's also very portable, with binaries available for Linux amd-64 and ARMv8, Windows 64 bits and even Mac OS X for PowerPC processors!
So, if you are curious, bored or want to try something useless and new, I invite you to visit ldpl.lartu.net, download the LDPL source code or grab a precompiled binary for your operating system and code away.
I'm sure you won't hate it that much..
,Ask HN: What's the best Language/IDE to teach a group of kids programming?What's the best language/IDE to use for teaching kids programming in an after-school group setting?
I'm looking for a programming language/development environment that has the following characteristics:
- Runs on Windows
- Includes an IDE
- Free
- Easy to install
- Really easy to do graphics programming without using advanced language features.
- Well documented
To elaborate on the purpose:
I am starting an after-school program to teach kids how to program. The end product of the course will be a simple but fun computer game that the kids can take home and run on their home computers if they wish. The schools computers run Windows, and I will be using their computers.
The course will be targeted towards students in the gifted program at a public school. The students will be 10-13 years old.
I will not consider visual-only programming languages such as Scratch or Alice for this group. If, at a later time, I do a class for younger children I will consider these programs.
This is a non-graded, purely optional after-school class. It is important that the course be fun as well as educational. That is why the focus will be on making a video game.
I want kids to learn how to search reference documentation for an answer to their questions, so a well documented language/api is a must.
I have ruled out the following:
- Scratch/Alice (too visual, perhaps useful for a younger audience)
- LOGO (Not general-purpose enough, again, perhaps useful for a younger audience)
- Lego Mindstorms (too expensive)
- C/C++/Java/C# (too advanced – I would consider these for a 2nd language)
- QBasic (I just wanted to mention this because I taught myself QBasic as a kid. It's obsolete now though)
The following are viable options that I have considered:
- Microsoft Small Basic (I'm leaning towards this)
- Python+pygame (I'm thinking this may be too complicated to start with though, also a
setup headache for kids... what do you think?)
- Hackety Hack (anyone have experience teaching with this?)
- Squeak (seems more complicated than I would like)
- Visual Basic (6.0 is obsolete, but VB.NET is possibly viable, but is the complexity worth it compared to MS Small Basic?)
- Just Basic (not as “polished” as small basic)
I am a Software Engineer, and will be working with an experienced teacher to make this after-school program work. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!.
,Inspirational quotes always perform wellHello, I'm Nicolas, I'm a 29 years old Developer from Uruguay.
As most of you already know, experts insist on using quotes in social media marketing, here are some interesting links:
Quotes are always re-shared like crazy. This is one of those things that’s almost sure to work no matter how many times you do it. Quotes never get old. The fun thing about sharing quotes is that it will get more re-shares than comments - https://www.searchenginejournal.com/boost-social-media-engagements-using-quotes/
Quotes and text-based images are a simple but effective way to boost engagement quickly with your Instagram posts - https://blog.hootsuite.com/instagram-post-ideas/
Now they are some of my most shared content on every platform, not just Instagram. Easy to make, effective and attractive, you should add them to your content regularly - https://imninjas.com/blog/social-media/create-awesome-eye-catching-instagram-content/
Humorous, inspiring or motivational quotes always perform well - https://www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2014/06/25/100-killer-ideas-for-your-social-media-content/
That gave me the idea to create an app to generate beautiful quotes images customized with your brand logo and link. The result is ViralQuotes (https://viralquotesonline.com).
Is a web app ideal for social marketing automation, a social media content generator. You can choose from a wide range of topics and enjoy an original set of custom quotes, with backgrounds chosen from a quality set of royalty-free images.
I appreciate if someone let me know where could be a great place to show this app, because I think is useful but for a very specific niche.
Also, any feedback would be great, suggestions, critics, ideas, etc.
Thanks!.
,Ask HN: Anyone want to build this mockup tool?Well, after reading about the Macaw project on Kickstarter, I had an alternative idea that I think would make a useful application for a HN developer. I simply don't have the time to make it happen, but I think there's an audience, so I'll pass the suggestion along.
Imagine JSFiddle, but instead of experimenting with code, you're mocking up changes to an existing design. You visit the site, enter a website URL, and the website appears fullscreen in the browser, with a toolbar in a left column. You click an element on the site, and the toolbar displays the related properties you can modify. For example, you enter the URL to HN. You click the navigation links. The left column displays a slider or dropdown to change their text size. You can also use a color picker, select common fonts from a dropdown or enter your own, and toggle bold or italic on this element. You click the HN logo. You think it'll look better on the right side, so you can drag and drop that element over there. The site feels a little wide to you, so you click the overall table element, and just scale it a little smaller. Then you click the link titles and bump the line height for more spacing. Select the header, and maybe color pick it to blue instead of the existing orange. You think it looks good, so you click save, and get a link to share the changes. Now you can send this across to anyone else, and they can see your mockup of a revised HN layout.
I don't even want to see code at any point in the process, I simply want to drag around elements, scale divs and text, and modify properties using an interactive toolbar. One of my users, who has no programming experience, should be able to punch in the URL to my site, and within a few minutes share with me the changes they'd prefer to see. My client, boss, etc, should be able to do the same. Instead of explaining the changes, using PowerPoint for unknown reasons to add design notes, or putting together a poorly cut and pasted Photoshop image, they should be able to modify the layout I send across, and send their ideas back. That's all they are, design ideas and mockups. The code is irrelevant, if the mockup is approved, it goes to the development team to properly setup. It's a simple tool for visualizing potential changes to your online website or application, and a great way to collaborate between people, either online, or in person. Imagine sitting down with your client, showing them your work thus far, and being able to drag around columns, and scale images in real-time. Saves time, get's more ideas flowing, and therefore you get a better product.
Another nice addition might be building a list of swatches based on the CSS of the inputted URL. Just scan the CSS for the most common color codes, and toss them in the toolbar for easy selecting. Comments would be nice to see as well. Click an area of the site, and add notes regarding the changes for others to review. A tree format could be another feature. When I modify HN, I send it over to the client, and they build on my design. Then maybe they decide to branch off the original with their own concept. We can then browse different branches of the tree to see how they developed over time, and decide on the final approach we're going to run with for the project..
,Inspirational quotes always perform wellHello, I'm Nicolas, I'm a 29 years old Developer from Uruguay.
As most of you already know, experts insist on using quotes in social media marketing, here are some interesting links:
Quotes are always re-shared like crazy. This is one of those things that’s almost sure to work no matter how many times you do it. Quotes never get old. The fun thing about sharing quotes is that it will get more re-shares than comments - https://www.searchenginejournal.com/boost-social-media-engagements-using-quotes/
Quotes and text-based images are a simple but effective way to boost engagement quickly with your Instagram posts - https://blog.hootsuite.com/instagram-post-ideas/
Now they are some of my most shared content on every platform, not just Instagram. Easy to make, effective and attractive, you should add them to your content regularly - https://imninjas.com/blog/social-media/create-awesome-eye-catching-instagram-content/
Humorous, inspiring or motivational quotes always perform well - https://www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2014/06/25/100-killer-ideas-for-your-social-media-content/
That gave me the idea to create an app to generate beautiful quotes images customized with your brand logo and link. The result is ViralQuotes (https://viralquotesonline.com).
Is a web app ideal for social marketing automation, a social media content generator. You can choose from a wide range of topics and enjoy an original set of custom quotes, with backgrounds chosen from a quality set of royalty-free images.
I appreciate if someone let me know where could be a great place to show this app, because I think is useful but for a very specific niche.
Also, any feedback would be great, suggestions, critics, ideas, etc.
Thanks!.
,I automated image quotes creation for social mediaHello, I'm Nicolas, I'm a 29 years old Developer from Uruguay.
As most of you already know, experts insist on using quotes in social media marketing, here are some interesting links:
Quotes are always re-shared like crazy. This is one of those things that’s almost sure to work no matter how many times you do it. Quotes never get old. The fun thing about sharing quotes is that it will get more re-shares than comments - https://www.searchenginejournal.com/boost-social-media-engagements-using-quotes/
Quotes and text-based images are a simple but effective way to boost engagement quickly with your Instagram posts - https://blog.hootsuite.com/instagram-post-ideas/
Now they are some of my most shared content on every platform, not just Instagram. Easy to make, effective and attractive, you should add them to your content regularly - https://imninjas.com/blog/social-media/create-awesome-eye-catching-instagram-content/
Humorous, inspiring or motivational quotes always perform well - https://www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2014/06/25/100-killer-ideas-for-your-social-media-content/
That gave me the idea to create an app to generate beautiful quotes images customized with your brand logo and link. The result is ViralQuotes (https://viralquotesonline.com). Within 5 minutes you can generate a package of up to 500 image quotes, with your logo and link to your site/product/brand.
It is a web app ideal for social marketing automation, a social media content generator. You can choose from a wide range of topics and enjoy an original set of custom quotes, with backgrounds chosen from a quality set of royalty-free images.
I appreciate it if someone let me know where it could be a great place to show this app because I think is useful but for a very specific niche.
Also, any feedback would be great, suggestions, critics, ideas, etc.
Thanks!.
,W3C HTML5 Spinning Logo — Flick with finger or mouse in WebKitThis simple example is using YUI 3.3.0 which has support for high-level, device-independant, gesture events which made it easy to make the logo spin when flicked with a mouse or touch gesture. It is also using YUI 3’s CSS transitions module to do the rotateY CSS Transform.
It works in WebKit browsers: Safari, Chrome, MobileSafari (iOS), Android, and should work on BlackBerry Touch 6.0.
View the source on the page, its short and straight forward..
,Launch HN: Journey (YC W21) – a better tool for selling softwareHi, we’re pclark, bweitz and anilsevim, the founders of Journey (https://journey.io). We want to make buying and selling software a better experience. We do this by allowing sellers and marketers to combine all sorts of content—slides, videos, forms, calendars, text—into one sharable webpage, which they can then easily personalize for specific prospects. Think of it like a website that is specifically designed for a specific individual to take a specific action, which answers any questions or objections they may have.
For example, I took one of our standard demos and made a "personalized" version for HN here: https://jny.journey.io/p/3bbb55f82a224e399aafd2dc04f4f32b?pr.... To customize it, I simply added the YC logo at the top, and a "Welcome HN" video to intro the demo—but you can customize these things as much as you like, as your sales process moves forward.
Edit: here's a further example on top of that one: https://jny.journey.io/p/3bbb55f82a224e399aafd2dc04f4f32b?em.... In response to https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=27235504, I made a new version of the "Welcome HN" demo by adding a personalized intro video, changing the logo at the top (I just picked a different one arbitrarily), and restricting it to a specific person (note the "only visible to [email address]" text on the right). Of course it's not really restricted, because we want you all to see it, but it's an example of how you can evolve these demos in response to specific people's questions.
Back in 2012 I launched a B2B email marketing startup called Userfox on Hacker News (https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4715237), and as that company grew I repeatedly found that it was really hard to create an email that performed well—because if an email is too long users will skim over it, and if it has more than one link they’ll never come back to click them all. Our hope is that Journey helps fix such interactions by allowing you to send users a specific page that has all the content you want them to read, including answers to their specific questions about your product.
Sales people have a hard job, and we don’t think their tools help them enough—they have to rely on live meetings and phone calls. Which is annoying because a live phone call is pretty much the last thing I want to do when I want to actually use a product. You have to talk to a sales person because there isn’t a good way to communicate complexity today in an asynchronous manner.
Sales and marketing is actually ‘just’ storytelling. You build something and then you tell people why they want it. We often think that the latter part is the easy part—but it isn’t! It’s really hard to introduce your product to someone, even when you know they would benefit from it.
If Journey can provide a superior storytelling experience it stands to reason that humans will require fewer live meetings. You don’t need to telephone for a taxi because you have the Uber app.... You won’t need to talk to a human to buy software because you’ll have Journey…
Journey specifically is a web app where you can embed and sequence various pieces of content (videos, slides, forms, calendars, …) and then share that sequence (a “Journey”). You can then take a Journey and personalize it for a specific recipient. Once you’ve shared a Journey, you get insights on where they’re spending time, and any comments they may have. Over time, you and your prospect can build up an entire sales conversation this way, focused around what they specifically need from your product. And you can reuse any bits that worked particularly well in your future conversations with other prospects.
We’d love to know what HN thinks of Journey, here's a link again to our HN demo mentioned above: https://jny.journey.io/p/3bbb55f82a224e399aafd2dc04f4f32b?pr.... From there you’ll be able to sign up, request an onboarding call, view case studies, and learn more. Thank you!!.
,MixPanel (YC S09); my mini reviewAfter spotting the mixpanel logo at the bottom of HN I decided to give it
a spin on a reasonably serious site to see what it can do. I've got some
issues with GA that I can't seem to resolve so I figured maybe MixPanel
can replace them.
First impression is that it looks really neat and simple, but on my browser
(ff 3.01) the form fields all somehow manage to hang outside the containing
blocks.
The sign up process is very quick, but there is no email verification, which is
a bit of a pain because it could mean that people use a fake address leading
to emails dumped on unsuspecting bystanders.
After signing up you get a secret token and a skeleton piece of javascript
that you can flesh out to track variables that are important. This is mostly
a manual operation, you insert the relevant bits in strategic spots on your
site, 'instrumenting' it so MixPanel can keep track of what is happening.
The upside of this approach is that you, not they decide exactly what gets
tracked and what it is called.
Right after signing up you are offered to get some 'datapoints' if you get
someone else to sign up, that seems a bit premature, I haven't a clue what
datapoints are.
Other than the initial signup form error the design of the site is very clean
and functional, the documentation is easy to read and stuff can be found
more or less where you expect it.
The 'secret' token that gets generated for your site is not that secret
however, since it is plainly visible in every page that has the javascript
embedded in it. Maybe it should be named 'site specific' token ?
Meanwhile the tag is in place on my site now, and registering visitors
according to the live stats, time to read up on the data points.
Datapoints are mixpanels way of making a business out of this, essentially
they charge you 'per event' on your website. The whole thing revolves around
the 'funnel' concept that anybody in internet marketing is familiar with.
Garbage in at the top, and 'espresso' out at the bottom, mixpanel allows you
to track exactly what the loss percentages are at every stage of the process.
Datapoints cost money, and I think they are way overpriced.
The current pricing scheme is:
0...10,000 points: Free
10,000...100,000: $25
100,000...500,000: $100
500,000...2,000,000: $200
2,000,000...10,000,000: $700
Let me explain why I think they are overpriced: at 100,000 points for
$25 (the first 'plan' they have) for any small ad driven website that
has an ECPM < $0.25 they are costing you as much (or more!) for your tracker
as what you were making on your visitors.
And on a for-pay site that makes $20 / month per user, with a COA of $5 and
a 1:2000 conversion rate on a 1:50 new traffic vs old traffic ratio (all of
those numbers are pretty 'normal') you would again be making a net loss.
One of the sites I run that I could have tried mixpanel on gets 3,000,000
pageviews monthly, the ECPM is around $0.11, so it makes $300 /month.
It's a no-brainer because it costs less than $5 to host on a flatrate 100Mbit
leaseweb box. Using MixPanel with that site is out of the question though.
So, you'd have to be buying a very large volume of points in one go to make
it worth your while, but that means a fairly big up-front cost. $700 in
one go is essentially several months hosting cost for many sites. The
price difference between 'volume buys' and smaller buys here is
$c0.007 / hit on the largest plan, versus $c0.025 per hit on the smaller
ones. That's a 350% or so difference. For a virtual product that is
not reflecting the difference in cost to the provider, which essentially
is only the extra cost incurred by the transactions to process the
payments.
MixPanel currently uses Amazon as their payment processor, which
is a pretty good indication you don't need to worry about where your
credit card details will end up.
The real time statistics are neat, but they will also be very expensive for
MixPanel to maintain long term, and they don't seem to add much actual
value, it's more of a gimmick. A functional real-time stats tracker that is
cheap to operate is very hard to design, which is one of the reasons all the
free tracking tools are using batched updates.
Google Analytics also allows funnel analysis using the 'goal conversions', only
they do it for free and a whole lot more besides.
Meanwhile, I've set up a secondary instrumented set of pages, but for some
reason the data never showed up in the reports. I double checked the code
and the javascript error console, no idea what is going wrong there. The
'feedback forum' seems to be mostly enhancement oriented, not set up
to track problems. It is also externally hosted, which means that you leave
the site, it would be better to have a simple ticketing system (a la trac)
inside the MixPanel environment, where there is a lot more context available.
Incidentally, uservoice, the site that hosts the forum is listed as a customer
of mixpanel, but they also use analytics and quantcast.
MixPanel will probably work well if you have well defined landing pages and
are a straightforward e-commerce, but at the current pricing levels it is too
expensive for high volume low conversion websites, especially for continuous
deployment. And that's a pity because it is especially those sites that would
benefit most from a tool like this.
You could use it for targeted a/b testing though, but setting up a test
seems to be quite labour intensive and error prone.
MixPanel provides you with csv exports of the reports so you can import the
data in to your favourite spreadsheet.
On the whole I think that the concept of an analytics site that concentrates
on the funnel aspect of operating a web service has promise, but I would
like it to be significantly cheaper and easier to set up. As it is it really can't replace GA for all the other features it offers.
edit: in response to an email, COA = cost of acquisition.
,Ask HN: Place for developers & designers to barter small units of work?E.g. I'll build you a site if you'll design my logo & vice versa? (roughly equivalent in effort for each person, say X hours of coding for X hours of design - or however the two parties agree to is fair)
The key here is that you're exchanging something relatively easy for you to produce in exchange for something that's relatively difficult for you to do but relatively easy for someone else to do. Not a big upfront commitment, i.e. a job or contract.
It's generally hard to be an expert at it all: back-end, front-end, design & UX. Is there a place for people to barter their services? If there isn't, maybe there should be ;)
Related (also posted on Quora): http://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-place-where-back-front-end-developers-designers-trade-work.
,Ask HN: What Elements Has Your Perfect Pricing PageHi,
I am working on our future pricing page and looked at 303 websites and came up with a list of best practices for our pricing page.
I wanted to share my finding and hopefully you can add yours?
- Call to action headline that matches the unique selling points mentioned on the homepage
- Subheadline will give details on trial, no credit card needed, amount of users in system (if the over 10,000), sense of urgency using get started in 60 seconds. Product positioning (what does the product do). Value messaging
- Plan that focus on different markets you address
- Website design Features, Pricing & Plans, About, Contact and remove the rest (including login) form the menu so there not to many links.
- Trust element top right (phone-number will work well there)
- All plans above the fold
- Free plan in bottom right of plan (if your bootstrapped, but if you have VC money and Freemium is your strategy, place free as first plan)
- High to low or low to high, 62% of SaaS companies have low-to-high and with lack of research I guess thats the best. (We will go and test these once we add the pricing page)
- Badges (user logo’s) under plans as trust elements (make them gray so there not distracting)
- Communicate the differences not focus on the similarities of the plan
- Scanable (not to long page)
- Clear pricing (good contrast)
- Use color on background of plans to keep focus on each plan. Mouse over background on horizontal is a nice feature.
- Make bigger plan feel bigger using a visual element that becomes bigger with the growing plan.
- Keep in line with website design
- Important features in F eyetracking line (price, plan differences and sign-up button)
- Mention USD not $ (Austrailian and Canadian dollars look the same)
- Testimonial under plans
- Explain how things work billing, 30 days, free under plans
- Mouse over on features
- Little amount of links (you do not want them to click away)
- Impeccable grammar (in my case huge problem :-) with easy fix... let someone check it
- Call to Actions Orange
- Blue color gives trust we might use these on plans that are not the preferred plan (need to test this)
- Green associates with wealth (try to add green check-marks on items that are simular)
- Use full screen width for plans (no right blocks with sign-up or text
- Repeat 14/30 day trial under sign-up buttons so they know what they sign-up for (<button: Sign-Up> for 14 Day Trail)
- Add some credit-cards logo's or payment processor logo to pricing page as trust element if you do not have a lot of well known clients. You can also add SSL seal if your just starting and have little trust elements available.
- Social Proof (twitter accounts, positive tweets, testimonials etc. all help (under pricing plans)
Referrals
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/10/13/pricing-tables-showcase-examples-and-best-practices/
http://vandelaydesign.com/blog/design/pricing-page-trends/
http://www.reedge.com/303-ideas-for-pricing-pages.html
http://blog.reedge.com/best-pricing-practices-or-conventional-wisdom.html
http://www.sixteenventures.com
Love to hear more! Leave you comments below. Thanx
Dennis van der Heijden
Reedge.com (Conversion Rate Optimizer Tool: Tracking, Testing, Funnels and Personalization).
Reddit Images 35
@KailaKuma: You can order your Animal Crossing Island Logo on ETSY as well :) https://t.co/J775FvGOBm #AnimalCrossingNewHorizions #ACNHDesigns #AnimalCrossingDesigns https://t.co/RnC6ZK8DVM 0
Decided to GP an archive hoodie from the store 10pm hustle on Etsy. Don’t know how to feel abt the logo 1
I printed a stencil to put my logo on my Etsy shipping boxes. 2
The massive worldwide Etsy Strike has grown to become the Indie Sellers Guild. Free to join. For details see the very active Discord channel. Knit scarf of logo by me. ✊🏽 IndieSellersGuild.org ✊🏽 3
Custom RHCP logo for my office I had custom made on Etsy 4
My Playstation themed Odin Pro. Buttons by SakuraRetroModding, PS Logo also from Etsy. 5
I made Project 863 Glitch pins! They are on Etsy so you can purchase one. The logo on the bag is also metallic. Link in the comments and in the pictures. 6
Professional Logo Design on Canva for Etsy 7
Professional Logo Design on Canva for Etsy and Shopify Stores ($19.99 to FREE) 8
Created a logo online and had a stamp made on etsy. No, I'm not really a farm but just having fun! 9
Hello! I am KadeUnlimited! I have just started my Etsy shop! I have always wanted to sell my artwork as a graphic designer! I am really big on minimalistic designs and logos. I am currently consistently adding items! The following is my Waves Collection. https://www.etsy.com/shop/KadeUnlimited 10
Professional Logo Design on Canva for Etsy & Shopify Stores 11
I designed a logo and found someone on etsy who made it into an egg stamp! 12
Professional Logo Design on Canva for Etsy & Shopify Stores 13
[100%OFF] Professional Logo Design On Canva For Etsy & Shopify Stores 14
,
Comments
Post a Comment